Thursday, June 27, 2013

UPDATE!

******************************************
UPDATE:
I have been looking at the map of the route. There is a section from Cripple Creek to Westcliffe that is approx. 60 miles. 2 overnight stops will be needed.
Another big leg is the section from Westcliffe to Fort Garland, that is approx. 63 miles. 2 overnight stops will be needed there also if I plan approx. 20 miles per day.

I have read from the guide book that I believe there was a support group that brought out supplies and tents for those nights. That would be excellent!
Unfortunately, I don't have that support yet, being that I am planning this walk by myself.

I am not comfortable overnighting 4 nights in the mountains, with the wildlife, no SAT phone and needing to carry several days of food and water on me in the first part of November. 

I do not believe I am prepared for that yet.

I will keep you posted.

I might just plan to do the Camino Portugues or the Camino del Norte in Spain.

If you are interested in walking, I would love to get a handful of people together to do this. We could set up the support needed.

Please email me at : kwt600@gmail.com
Thanks, Rick...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment